Join now - be part of our community!

Need to update the ati graphics driver for my VGC - M1

poet78
Visitor

Need to update the ati graphics driver for my VGC - M1

Hi guys,

Does anyone possibly know if its possible to update the graphics driver on the VGC - M1, I have contacted ati and they said contact the manufacturer cause they use a specific driver for there machines.
The card is ati radeon 6200 mobility AGP. i have tried installing different drivers from ati's website but none of them work, there's nothing on sony's update site.

Problem is i'm trying to play The Sims 2, which was working fine but now crashes with ati driver problems. it's getting so annoyign now. i've done all the turning off background programs, changing the screen size, reducing colours.

There must be a simple solution like a new driver to fix this!!!

p.s. reading everyone's problem with the TV tuner, i have that too after doing a restore i don't have tv any more.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hi

If there's no new driver on VAIO-Link then you would have to head to the unofficial drivers - Omega Drivers, but Sony don't support them.

www.omegadrivers.net

babysmile
Visitor

Are u refering ATI Radeon 9200 right? I can't find any 6200 series on M1 as i am using this as well.

There is just a driver for Video. I try in The Sim 2 before on my PC and works fine.. Maybe it's too hot already?? need more fan to cool down.. hehe..

I didn't update my driver. But i let u know the version if that's different than yours.

Packaging version : 7.993.1.1-040722m-016968C
Sony

Just use your mouse, right lick on your desktop and select Properties, then go to Settings on top right section, then select Advanced on bottom section.. Once going another windows, U shall find the ATI Options on top in this ATI Redeon 9200 Properties.. Hope can sort it out..

I try Call Of Duty 2, Need For speed Most wanted and no problem on this machine. Works like a charm..

Ladgaz
Visitor

Hi poet78,

what you need is the DHModTool Version 3.
You'll find it here:

http://www.driverheaven.net/patje/

Here everything is written how it works.
It changes the inis of the usual ATI Radeon Driver Installation so that you can install them on a laptop.

Good luck

Ladgaz