Join now - be part of our community!

Net MD and Vaio compatibility

Ucjam
Visitor

Net MD and Vaio compatibility

I have had a sony Net MD player for years so i thought id upgrade. Vaio still used Atrac 3 as did the Net MD so i thought i would easily be able to transfer some songs from my net MD to vaio via sonic stage (or OpenMG as it was before) but it wont let me cos of lack of rights information or something. For the most part this is no problem cos alot of my songs are on CD's but some were MP3 files that were converted and no longer have the original MP3's. Also i had recored some of my old Tapes onto the Minidisc and wanted to transfer them but it would appear this is not possible!! Why not? Surely something can be done. I just wish my Vaio had a recording capability so i could record my tapes.

Also why isn't there a programme i can use to backup my song files i have on my Vaio and store them onto say a CD just incase some Gypsy decides to twock ma player.

2 REPLIES 2
Vas
Visitor

I just wish my Vaio had a recording capability so i could record my tapes. 

The Sonic Stage Mastering Studio will let you record from other sources onto your Vaio. It was available on Club Vaio for couple of months ago, but I can¿t find it anymore.
This software is installed on new laptops/desktops.

Vas

profile.country.en_GB.title
@4967457401015621
Visitor

I just wish my Vaio had a recording capability so i could record my tapes. 

The Sonic Stage Mastering Studio will let you record from other sources onto your Vaio. It was available on Club Vaio for couple of months ago, but I can¿t find it anymore.
This software is installed on new laptops/desktops.

Vas

sounded really interesting and just what i was after - but you have to be using a sony to run it (see http://www.soundonsound.com/news?session=3fd42db&NewsID=6800) apparently it checks the sony bios for a particular code to prevent piracy of it. updates can be downloaded from vaio-link, but they're no good without the original software.