Join now - be part of our community!

NETWORK KEY

chocolate
Visitor

NETWORK KEY

Having problems with wireless connection,asking for a network key also called WEP or WPA key where do i get this. Thanks in advance. Chocolate

9 REPLIES 9
mikezoe
Visitor

Look on the wireless modem and enter the WEP key exactly

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Chocolate,

Ask whoever (or you) set up the wireless network, as they selected either WEP or WPA in the security options, and created a security key..

Once you have the key enter it exactly in your Vaio..:smileyhappy:

chocolate
Visitor

still not too sure what your meaning

chocolate
Visitor

The network key has something in it but is coming up as ........ where do i get the exact name of key.Sorry ifthis sounds silly but tried everything and can't seem to get the network key

chocolate
Visitor

Security-enabled wireless network(WPA)
This network requires a network key. This is what's coming up.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi chocolate,

Scroll down to page and look at the example instructions on 'How to Configure WPA-PSK for Your Router or Access Point' and then on 'How to Configure WPA-PSK on Windows XP' on this link

What make router are you trying to connect to and did you set this up yourself or are you sharing access with other users..:smileyconfused:

chocolate
Visitor

Youv'e got me there i'm totally confused now.I set this up myself. I'm getting as far as connect but put in a network key just not too sure what the network key is. Thanks for helping chocolate

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

When you select an available Wireless Network in the wireless connection window from the list.. (see an example below)

Who's network are you trying to connect to..:smileyconfused:

profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

Is this your network or is it a neighbours?

If it is your network then you will have to check the documentation that came with your router to find out how to change or view the network key.