Join now - be part of our community!

new battery won't charge, but light flashes

steppie
Visitor

new battery won't charge, but light flashes

I just got a brand new battery for my PCG-K315M and after running the battery down (as you should do with new ones) i plugged it in the mains to charge...the first time it worked fine and the battery was fully charged, so i took the pc out of the mains to let the battery drain for a second time...Now when i plug it back in to charge, the light flashes and it SAYS it is charging,but it stays on 0% and it ISN'T charging at all.
What should i do?

5 REPLIES 5
Matty261990
Visitor

It might be worth taking battery out and checking all of the connectors , making sure they are all clean and look ok. Then replace battery and try again. It may just be the icon whihc is staying at 0%?

:thinking:

steppie
Visitor

It might be worth taking battery out and checking all of the connectors , making sure they are all clean and look ok. Then replace battery and try again. It may just be the icon whihc is staying at 0%?

:thinking:

I tried this, but it isn't charging...

chris_lewis
Visitor

FWIW, if your battery is a lithium ion you do not need to discharge fully before recharging, this was only the case with Nicad cells that have memory.

Check the internal battery connections too & if they are ok open a case with Vaio Link.

jay_gob
Visitor

Hi steppie,

If you have cleaned the battery & all connectors and there is still no joy make sure you call Vaio Link. I Believe there is a 90 day battery warranty for your laptop.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hi steppie,

If you have cleaned the battery & all connectors and there is still no joy make sure you call Vaio Link. I Believe there is a 90 day battery warranty for your laptop.

Jay's right, you should contact VAIO-LInk asap