11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Are they official?

nemo66
Visitor

YES!!!
Many improvements....

Now we deen somebody that could read japanese for traducing the instalation method.

Here´s the link to the firmware...and the text for installing.
Please post the traduced text here!!!

http://vcl.vaio.sony.co.jp/download/SP-008363-00.html

See ya...

Thorin
Visitor

Hat er sich geäußert was die Verbesserungen sind?
Thorin

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

Here is how you translate the page.

1. Click Nemo's link above.
2. Open another browser window and visit www.altavista.co.uk
3. Click Translate
4. Paste the URL of Nemo's link into the Http:// box, then click Japanese to English as the translation method.
5. Click Translate.
6. A new page opens with an English version of the Website, with full upgrade instructions - in plain English!

Twisted-Rizla
Visitor

Superb!

Automan
Visitor

Are you sure that firmware is new?
Page has the date 2004/09/30 on it.

You may also find if you do install this your machine also only has Japanese language.

Has anyone actually installed it?

Regards

Automan.

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

You may also find if you do install this your machine also only has Japanese language.

Maybe Sony will release a Pan-European copy - this is a fear and resrvation I would have on this firmware update - an English VAIO-Pocket VPN-AP1L becomming Japanese...:smileysad:

Sekigahara
Visitor

Well, this update isn't THAT new. The siliconpop-guy has written this already some days ago.
And the Software, so I guess, is version 2, and he had 1, so he did the update, but my vaio pocket, and I guess also a few from yours already have the firmare v2, so you don't need the upgrade.
I will proof my theory afterwards, but I'm pretty sure I'm right....
...oder völlig perplex :grin:

besser sie würden ein update für ihr Küppel-sonicstage rausbringen....wobei, wenn ich gerade so nachdenke, auf der Japan-Sony sites gibts schon SonicStage 2.3 !!!

aber holen könnt ihr's euch erst, wenn ihr ein MySony Mitglied in Japan seit (z.B. meines von der Schweiz geht nicht 😞 )

regards

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I think I'd be freaked out if my VAIO went inot Japanese, but then again I think I'd go and learn Japanese...