Join now - be part of our community!

New Hard Drive Advice Please !

Pedrochellie
Visitor

New Hard Drive Advice Please !

Hi,

I have a Vaio VGN-A417S and the hard drive is faulty - it runs just about ok but i want to replace it with a larger capacity one asap in case it fails completely!

My question is;

My Vaio didn't come with an XP disc or any driver discs - i had to make my own system & application recovery discs when i first turned it on when new.

If i replace the hard drive will the system & application recovery discs i made when i first bought it be sufficient to put windows XP and all the original drivers on the new hard drive?

Thank you for your advice

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.de_DE.title
itbroker
Visitor

Welcome to ClubVaio PedroChellie :smileygrin: ,

I would like to suggest an external hard disk for you, it's cheap and quick to install. I have 02 (two) myself... A Lacie and Seagate

Regarding your questions...

My Vaio didn't come with an XP disc or any driver discs - i had to make my own system & application recovery discs when i first turned it on when new.

Normally, your laptop doesn't come with Recovery discs. YOU need to create the discs by yourself.

Instructions step-by-step, you will found by going to My Computer > Vaio C: > Documentation > Documentation and opening the folder for your language

If i replace the hard drive will the system & application recovery discs i made when i first bought it be sufficient to put windows XP and all the original drivers on the new hard drive?

YES

The Recovery Discs will "recover" your laptop to the manufacture setup, like a NEW laptop with ALL drivers and softwares applications.

Pedrochellie
Visitor

Thanks for your help - much appreciated.