Join now - be part of our community!

New model?

Gormo
Visitor

New model?

Do anyone know if Sony are planning to bring out a new model of the VGF-AP1l or VGF-AP1?

Is the only difference between these two models the size? one being 20 and one being 40. And given a choice between an iPod photo and one of the above, which is better? I can't make up my mind and looking for some assistance.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Forget the iPod Photo. Check the Apple site. There is a new model in two different versions. click me

20 and 60GB harddisk, approx 300-400$.

It's up to yours, but I would kick the VaioPocket. The Firmware isn't good Updates are really rare and SonicStage becomes more and more horrible. IMO

Marce
Visitor

Why Becker (Mercedes HiFi car) creates adaptors for Ipod but not for Vaio Pocket?

Sony must think in World Class Quality and don't leave their Vaio Pocket users hang !!!!

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

I call it norrow mind. VP is dead, IMO. Keep it in the store, and buy any other harddisk Player. There are a lot of alternatives.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I think iPod photo is the best buy, as it's has a HUGE array of accessories, something sony have stupidly forgot to have in their arsenal!

samhiggs
Visitor

I think iPod photo is the best buy, as it's has a HUGE array of accessories, something sony have stupidly forgot to have in their arsenal!

I don't think I could live with 12 hours batter life and also the fact that every man and his dog has an iPod. It'd be like selling my soul to the devil...I need to keep that individuality in my life!

robpaxton
Explorer

I suppose the Vaio Pocket is cheaper for those on a budget :wink:

kee-lo_

Just because everyone has it doesn't means it's bad.

You have a toaster right?

samhiggs
Visitor

You have a toaster right?

Actually I use a grill to toast my bread...
:tongue:

kee-lo_

Whatever