Join now - be part of our community!

New Vaio....expiriancing problems

shereor
Visitor

New Vaio....expiriancing problems

Hello...i got my vaio from a firm that went bankrupt...and the problem is that the previous owner kept all cd's....ive got the serial for windows xp but I thougt that i can download all the drivers from the internet...my misstake...when i go to http://www.vaio-link.com/downloads/select/select.asp?l=en&m=1872#6 to download drivers IE indicates that there is a problem with the page and i cant download anything...when i go to ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/ i can find all the drivers but there are soo many...how to know which one is it.....the model in question is VGN-S4H/B

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

The original driver package is at ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/pub/Vaio/Original/S4_Drivers.zip

The preinstalled utilities package is at ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/pub/Vaio/Original/S4_Utilities.zip

You should be able to access the update page for your computer if you go to Vaio-Link - drivers & updates and then enter the serial number of your computer.

kee-lo_

Does the unit have a recovery partition? If so not all is lost.

I would track this guy down and demand my disks.

apierc1
Visitor

It is maybe possible there were no disks for back up in the first place, I was confused when I first got my Vaio due to the lack of recovery disks but this is because at least some of the range if not all don't come with them anymore you are expected to create your wn from the recovery partition, which in itself is annoying as from the stated 80gig hard drive i only got about 65gig that was free (10gig for the recovery partition).

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Edit: forget that, I didn't read the thread completely[:">]

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
shereor
Visitor

tnx guys...downloading the stuff now and will install it later on..dont care about the disks as long as i have cd key for windows...wanted to install OSX and try it...anyone tested it yet???should be real nice...

kee-lo_

It doesn't work on Intel machines at the moment, but give it time....