Join now - be part of our community!

New Vaio PRO 13, updated to Windows 8.1 - Bluetooth not working properly!

piyduran
New

New Vaio PRO 13, updated to Windows 8.1 - Bluetooth not working properly!

Hi there - recently bought a Sony Vaio Pro 13 and upgraded to Windows 8.1

Having trouble with bluetooth connection with my HTC One phone. The devices pair completely fine, but then on the Windows 'bluetooth' devices charm, it says bluetooth 'on', HTC One mini connects for approx 1-2 seconds and then it just sits there saying HTC One Mini, Not Connected. I can't transfer any files between the phone and computer using bluetooth.

I went to VAIO updates - it said it had no updates for the Wireless or Bluetooth drivers.

I went to the Intel website - it said I have the Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 7260 product, version 16.1.5.0 and that a newer version was available. So I went ahead and downloaded/installed this - it is now updated to 16.6.0 but the above bluetooth problem persists.

When I go into Device Manager, under Bluetooth heading it has:
- HTC One mini
- Intel (R) Wireless Bluetooth (R) 4.0 + HS Adapter
- Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator
- Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator

Under Network Adapters, it says:
- Bluetooth Device (personal Area network)
- Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI)
- Intel (R) Dual Band Wireless N 7260
- TAP-Windows Adapter V9

On clicking on each of the above, it says 'this device is working properly' for all of them, there are no warning or exclamation signs anywhere.

When looking at 'services.msc', it says Bluetooth Device Monitor, Bluetooth OBEX service, and Bluetooth Support Service are all running, except the support service is labelled as 'manual (trigger start)' instead of automatic at startup.

I have temporarily disabled the Windows Firewall and AVAST antivirus software to see if they were blocking it - continue to have the same problem! It is very frustrating.

Anybody have any clues why the bluetooth is pairing but not connecting??

Thanks
0 REPLIES 0