Join now - be part of our community!

No Audio Device

SK1NT
Visitor

No Audio Device

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me. I don't know what i have done but i got a virus on my laptop. Since then i don't have any sound. If i go to 'adjust system volume' or 'change speaker settings' It says 'NO AUDIO DEVICE' is there a download i can get to resolve this issue.

Many Thanks

Rob

6 REPLIES 6
Philippoussis
Visitor

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me. I don't know what i have done but i got a virus on my laptop. Since then i don't have any sound. If i go to 'adjust system volume' or 'change speaker settings' It says 'NO AUDIO DEVICE' is there a download i can get to resolve this issue.

Many Thanks

Rob

install audio driver

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Rob and welcome to the forum.

Is the audio device present in Device Manager? If so the chances are that it will show an error message. Uninstall the device, re-boot (or scan for hardware changes) and let windows discover the hardware and re-install the drivers.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
SK1NT
Visitor

Hi Rich,

The audio device is missing somehow as when i reboot, it does search for it. Then says no audio device can be found. If there is an audio driver somewhere i could install that but i can't find one anywhere.

Thanks again

Rob

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Try pointing the wizard at C:\Windows\inf. If that doesn’t work then you should find the audio driver in the pre-installed driver package from Vaio-Link

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
SK1NT
Visitor

Cheers Rich that worked a treat. I did look on that page for audio drivers, but all sorted now.

Thanks Again:smileyhappy:

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

No problem SK1NT:smileyhappy:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat