Join now - be part of our community!

No sound on TV. Vaio laptop - Bravia TV with hdmi cable

profile.country.en_GB.title
Shon-ded
Visitor

No sound on TV. Vaio laptop - Bravia TV with hdmi cable

Why no sound on tv when I connect Vaio laptop to Bravia TV with hdmi cable?

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Shon-ded.

It would help to know your Vaio Model and the version of Windows!

Have you switched the Audio Output to Digital?

Right-click on the Audio Volume speaker icon in the Taskbar and select 'Playback Devices'.

Under the 'Playback' Tab, select 'Digital Output' or 'HDMI' and click on 'Set Default'.

You will have to switch back to Speakers for normal use.

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
Shon-ded
Visitor

Thanks Problem solved !

[Model  is PCG 61611M new Aug 2010 ( I could not see it on list of Sony supported laptops ) , platform Windows 7].

I eventually discovered that I if I connected the HDMI to TV and then started the laptop I would be able to see the Sony TV as a device.

Followed your advice and then found HDMI on the playback menu.

Surprised that there was nothing in my TV or Laptop manuals but pleased to report that the forum solved it for me!

I can't get sound through tv when I connect my Sony vaio lap top via a hdmi cable.  I have tried going through sound icon and  right click and playback devices and going through Control Panel. It only brings up the option of speakers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Whilst your laptop is connected via HDMI to the TV,

1 - Goto Control Panel on your laptop

2 - Goto Sound > and set SONY TV as the default output (you may need to enable "Show disabled devices" by right-clicking in the blank space)

Hope that helps.

Vsingh
New

Hi there, I am also having the same problem. there is nothing in the disabled devices when I click on the blank space. Pls suggest and Help.

profile.country.GB.title
kerrsil_hotmail.co.uk
Explorer

Fix loss of sound to HDMI/TV after waking laptop from sleep mode:

Right click audio volume speaker icon in task bar select:

Playback devices/Playback tab/select the active device/Properties/Advanced tab/Exclusive mode/uncheck all tick-boxes/ click OK.