Join now - be part of our community!

No sound on Vaio FE11M

mvveelen
Visitor

No sound on Vaio FE11M

I posted this in the wrong place. Sorry !

I deleted all partitions, because I wanted a clean install of XP Media Center.
Now, I installed all drivers and utilities from the Vaio download link, but the system doesn't recognize the audio, the modem and a PCI device (unknown).

What to do now, I heared I had to install the Intel Chipset drivers first, but I already did that. It is very fast with the installation of the Chipset, I don't know if that is the problem, but what can I do to get the sound, modem and PCI device to work ??

Regards,

Marco

36 REPLIES 36
mvveelen
Visitor

I have XP Media Center (dutch) with SP2

I used the chipset that was delivered in the Vaio downloadsection.

I don't remember exactly what I did, but the laptop recognised the modem and the audio and after that I could install the setup in the audio directory.

I'm going to do this on my girlfriends laptop tonight, so if you can't get it to work, I'll document what I have done and wil put it here tomorrow, allright ?

Just try for now.

sweetCoffee
Visitor

thank you

indeed I have to let windows xp recognize the audio system!
but how 🙂

mvveelen
Visitor

I'll try to let you know tomorrow.

I will try to document as much as possible.

wmalgadey
Visitor

I don't knwo why it is so hard to use a notebook?

First. I had a Folder on my drive c: called "drivers". it seems to me, that everything is in this folder, whats needed to reinstall the hardware (vgn-fe11m).

Why are u folks installing some crappy software on your NEW laptop without insuring first, if it's possible to recover your pc? I would (I did) so, because I didn't want to waste over 1k bugs...

mvveelen
Visitor

Crappy ?

Ok, here goes. I installed a NEW, CLEAN version of Windows XP Media Center (dutch) as follows :

install XP Media Center
copy directories DRIVERS and UTILS to C:\
Copy HSF_CNXT.sys to C:\DRIVERS
install Intel chipset drivers
reboot
Devicemanager : videocontroller : update driver , do not connect to the internet , choose driver yourself, direct to c:\drivers\video (NVIDIA GForce Go 7400 is recognised and installed)
same for : Ethernet controller : C:\Drivers\Network2
then go to C:\Drivers\Bluetooth and run BtSwInst.exe to install Bluetooth (no reboot needed at this time)
go to |C:\Drivers\WirelessLAN\ and run iProInst.exe (default installation) (no reboot needed at this time)
go to C:\Utils\Utils Installer 1 and run the setup for Sony Utilities DLL
go to C:\Utils\Utils Installer 2 and run the setup for Sony Shared Library for XP
reboot
Devicemanager : USB2.0 Web camera : update driver , do not connect to the internet , choose driver yourself, direct to C:\Drivers\Camera\VGP-VCC1 (Webcam will be installed)
go to C:\Utils\Utils Installer 4 and run the setup for Sony Setting Utility
go to C:\Utils\Utils Installer 8 and run the setup for Sony ISB Utility
go to C:\Utils\Utils Installer 9 and run the setup for Sony Video Shared Library
go to C:\Utils\Utils Installer 10 and run the setup for Sony MP4 shared library
go to C:\Utils\Utils Installer 14 and run the setup for Lan Setting Utility
go to C:\Utils\Utils Installer Vaio Camera Utility and run the setup
go to C:\Utils\Utils Installer Wireless Switch Setting Utility and run the setup
Devicemanager : Controller for mass storage : update driver , do not connect to the internet , choose driver yourself, direct to c:\drivers\flashmedia (Texas Instruments PCIxx12 integrated Flashmedia Controller is recognised and installed)
install KB888111-x86-NLD-forsp2 (this is the dutch version), the modem will be recognised and the installation will ask for HSFHWAZL.sys (this is lokated in c:\drivers\modem !)
go to |C:\Drivers\Audio\ and run the setup, the audio drivers will be installed

Try it and let me know if this works for you (ofcourse, download the english version of KB888111-x86 if you need that version !!

sweetCoffee
Visitor

hello

could you please include the dutch file of KB88811-x86 in this post? I can't find it anywhere !

bedankt !

mvveelen
Visitor

I can't, but maybe I could mail it to you ?

sweetCoffee
Visitor

no problem, I have telephoned Microsoft and they did sent me the fix in all supported languages by mail

it works now !

so the problem was related to the hotfix (sony is using this fix in his installation)

thanks a lot !!!!

Gerrie

mvveelen
Visitor

Graag gedaan :slight_smile:

Oh, and if you succeed in getting the right icon for the MemoryStickDuo Pro, let me know here !

The icon I now have is'nt the right one, so it looks like I don't have the right driver installed or something like that.

Op en This Computer and you'll see what I mean......

sweetCoffee
Visitor

I saw the problem... I'll try to look for a solution.

Another problem I have for the moment is that I can't initialize the integrated motion eye webcam...

When shutting down it hangs... I saw there are more people with this problem... I'm now installing SP2 perhaps this should solve the problem... let's hope

For the rest, the laptop is quite ok (concerning installation), about the design it's a super machine 😉