Join now - be part of our community!

No sound on Vaio FE11M

mvveelen
Visitor

No sound on Vaio FE11M

I posted this in the wrong place. Sorry !

I deleted all partitions, because I wanted a clean install of XP Media Center.
Now, I installed all drivers and utilities from the Vaio download link, but the system doesn't recognize the audio, the modem and a PCI device (unknown).

What to do now, I heared I had to install the Intel Chipset drivers first, but I already did that. It is very fast with the installation of the Chipset, I don't know if that is the problem, but what can I do to get the sound, modem and PCI device to work ??

Regards,

Marco

36 REPLIES 36
sweetCoffee
Visitor

I saw the problem... I'll try to look for a solution.

Another problem I have for the moment is that I can't initialize the integrated motion eye webcam...

When shutting down it hangs... I saw there are more people with this problem... I'm now installing SP2 perhaps this should solve the problem... let's hope

For the rest, the laptop is quite ok (concerning installation), about the design it's a super machine 😉

theFOX
Visitor

Are you saying that when I want to install Windows Vista next year (for example), I can't because I have to use XP Media Center, installed with all programs which I don't even want to have installed ?

Let's say I want to use XP Pro Dutch, I can't ??

It seems to me, we're talking about a laptop on which you can install an OS you want. Sony ought to supply all the drivers and utilities you need to get it to work, or not ?

No, you can install the current OS again and next year UPGRADE to Windows Vista :smileygrin:

mvveelen
Visitor

No, you can install the current OS again and next year UPGRADE to Windows Vista :smileygrin:

Well, XP Media Center (SP2, dutch) is now installed and the only thing that seems weird at the moment is the icon for the MemorytickDuo Pro, but that may be a driver problem or so.
The rest is working fine (the quality of the motion eye is very good imho !!)

sweetCoffee
Visitor

if I use the motion eye once I can't shutdown the laptop
if I don't use it the sleep mode, standby and shutdown are working fine

... what could be the problem?

sweetCoffee
Visitor

about the icon

a "solution" could be

regedit

hklm
software
microsoft
windows
currentversion
explorer
create a map DriveIcons
create a submap with the drive letter (for example C)
create a submap DefaultIcon
double click the default key and change the value into

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SHELL32.DLL,7

7 is the icon within this dll

restart your pc and you have a more nice icon

sweetCoffee
Visitor

I wish my laptop should work like it should

sometimes it can reboot
sometime it hangs...

for the rest everything ok

I'm using Xp Pro and not media center (sony is very very very slow in responding to a fax)

mvveelen
Visitor

This is one way to do it, but I really think it has to do with a driver.

I'll wait until somebody has a solution for this :wink:

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

To reinstate the MG icon you need to have snymsico.dll in your C:\Widows directory and then run a couple of regedits.

Download the Msicon zip from this location (this link it a bit flaky so I can email the file to you if necessary).

Copy snymsico.dll to C:\Windows and then run ms.reg and ms-mg.reg.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
mvveelen
Visitor

To reinstate the MG icon you need to have snymsico.dll in your C:\Widows directory and then run a couple of regedits.

Download the Msicon zip from this location (this link it a bit flaky so I can email the file to you if necessary).

Copy snymsico.dll to C:\Windows and then run ms.reg and ms-mg.reg.

Works like a charm ! Thanx !!

sweetCoffee
Visitor

I'm gonna reinstall my laptop with the 2 recovery dvd's I made in the beginning
then I deinstall the unnecessary software and make a backup of my own configuration, that should work too

al die miserie 🙂