Join now - be part of our community!

No sound on Vaio FE11M

mvveelen
Visitor

No sound on Vaio FE11M

I posted this in the wrong place. Sorry !

I deleted all partitions, because I wanted a clean install of XP Media Center.
Now, I installed all drivers and utilities from the Vaio download link, but the system doesn't recognize the audio, the modem and a PCI device (unknown).

What to do now, I heared I had to install the Intel Chipset drivers first, but I already did that. It is very fast with the installation of the Chipset, I don't know if that is the problem, but what can I do to get the sound, modem and PCI device to work ??

Regards,

Marco

36 REPLIES 36
m.pisani
Visitor

no problem, I have telephoned Microsoft and they did sent me the fix in all supported languages by mail

it works now !

so the problem was related to the hotfix (sony is using this fix in his installation)

thanks a lot !!!!

Gerrie

I have the same problem... could u please send the multilanguage or the italian version by mail? ...so if i put this fix the problem of the audio it gose well?

mvveelen
Visitor

I have the same problem... could u please send the multilanguage or the italian version by mail? ...so if i put this fix the problem of the audio it gose well?

Check this page :

http://support.asus.com/download/download_item.aspx?product=3&model=W3V

and search for the kb88811 file.

Good luck !!

dejan777
Visitor

dear all,
i have the same problem with my FE11H.
Originally the SO was win xp MCE, now i have installed win xp professional, but the driver on c:\drivers\audio don't work.
My notebook has not audio (!!?!?!)
i read this info
http://esupport.sony.com/EN/osmig/xpclean.html
but i have not a recovery cd of vaio so i can not do this 'clean' installation.
If i install win xp MCE (after the format) the driver will work?

mvveelen
Visitor

if you follow the steps I posted : yes

profile.country.en_NL.title
Carelino
Visitor

They did supply everything....but since you erased everything on your harddisk (including recovery partition) you lost it....that is your mistake.

Actually you should have made a copy on dvd using vaio recovery tool. Wonder why everybody want's a clean install and wants to install XP pro....very stupid and time consuming. You can remove all programs you don't want....

Installing xp pro is even more stupid because Media Center 2002 = XP PRO...

nagesh
Visitor

Hi, thank you for the instructions. But I am unable to download the HSF_CNXT.sys file from the link provided, it says |Page not Found|..is it possible you could send me the file or post it somewhere? Thanks in advance!
rahulforlove@yahoo.com

nagesh
Visitor

FYI, I got the audio working..just followed instructions by mvveelen *Thanks!