Join now - be part of our community!

No Sound through HDMI cable on FZ21s

bristolvaio
Visitor

No Sound through HDMI cable on FZ21s

Hi,

I have a problem where the sound does not play through the HDMI cable on my fz21s. It will play the test sounds in the sounds options in control panel but won't play any sound when playing a Blu Ray DVD or itunes or any other sound. Does anyone have any ideas? I have all relevant updates and am using the Windows Vista that was supplied with the laptop.
Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
vaiomedic
Visitor

on my FZ21Z I had/have the same problem. You will have to disable the analog audio (rightclick on speakersymbol in tray, click on playback or whatever, click on the non-hdmi item, properties, disable). Then sound over HDMI will work, but your analog audio device will be completely removed in stead of temporarily disabled! Must be reinstalled after you used HDMI (if necessary download audiodrivers from vaiosite). Thank you microsoft for not implementing hardwareprofiles in Vista!!!!!
I have not found a workaround yet, creating a new user with only HDMI enabled does NOT work, analog will be disabled fo all users. Unbelievable.
Grtz and success.

bristolvaio
Visitor

Thanks, that has worked to get audio when playing video but music still comes through the speakers on the laptop. Guess that isn't too bad in the end.

vaiomedic
Visitor

strange, as I said I have no sound at all when playing music, so in your case probably the analog audio can be disabled without being fully removed...

profile.country.en_GR.title
efpanay
New

you just need to change thee default sound device from control panel (sounds) so than the sound passes thru the hdmi cable.