Join now - be part of our community!

Noise When Using Headphones with AR-21M

danbec
Visitor

Noise When Using Headphones with AR-21M

I bought my new AR-21M about a week ago, and I absolutely love it!! It's such an improvement from my old Dell laptop (which had 1 x USB 1.0 port!!).

I listen to a lot of music and like to watch movies if on a long train journey, which means using headphones. However, when using headphones on my Vaio, there's lots of noise which I can't get rid of - I've tried muting certain things but it's not helped.

Has anyone else had this problem, and if so how was it fixed? I really hope I don't have to live with it like this...

Appreciate any tips...

Dan

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
lyapple
New

Hi Dan. Can't answer your query but someone who can will be along soon. As part of the welcome waggon, good to have you aboard. Hope you stay with us and enjoy the club as well as get solutions to any problems.

Pandora.

profile.country.GB.title
lyapple
New

Hey you lot (meant in the nicest possible way of course :slight_smile: ), no help for Dan? :slight_frown:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Dan and welcome to Club Vaio.

I think this is a cable shielding problem. Some members have reported this before and have cured the problem by using higher quality shielded cables.
I think the problem is that there are components near the earphone jack that can cause interference.

If you are unable to cure this by upgrading the cables, I would phone Vaio-Link to see if they have a solution because I know this has been reported to them before.

:slight_frown:

fan97122769
Visitor

I bought my new AR-21M about a week ago, and I absolutely love it!! It's such an improvement from my old Dell laptop (which had 1 x USB 1.0 port!!).

I listen to a lot of music and like to watch movies if on a long train journey, which means using headphones. However, when using headphones on my Vaio, there's lots of noise which I can't get rid of - I've tried muting certain things but it's not helped.

Has anyone else had this problem, and if so how was it fixed? I really hope I don't have to live with it like this...

Appreciate any tips...

Dan

I have an AR11M and had the same problem. basically its the USB port behind the headphone port that causes interference. Unplug anything from it and it should dissapear. Just use the side USB ports instead.

danbec
Visitor

I'm looking forward to getting home from work and seeing if that fixes it!! It's kinda annoying if that's the case, as i have my mouse directly to the laptop's right - I've been using a USB hub connected to the rear port and plugging any peripherals into that. Then again, I have an external soundcard which I use to plug into my hi-fi (which doesn't cause the noise problem). It's only when I travel that I will use the headphone port, and then I wouldn't be using the rear USB anyway!!

Ah well, I'll still see if that works - thanks for all the help guys.. I'm sure I'll be here with a new problem soon!!

danbec
Visitor

Well done you, fan97122769!!! That's made my day!! As soon as I pulled out the USB cable, the noise disappeared!! Cheers!