Join now - be part of our community!

Not updated SonicStage for over a year - Any problems with new versions?

Speedbird223
Visitor

Not updated SonicStage for over a year - Any problems with new versions?

Evening folks,

Have a VGF AP-1L that I bought in November '04 and updated it a couple of times between then and about March '05. One of the versions of SS had a few bugs and some reported haveing their VPs delete their music collection so I decided to opt out of it for as long as possible.

Since then I've moved from the US to the UK leaving my old PCs with SS behind. My wife has a Mac which is obviously not SS friendly but I plan to upload some more music to my VP tomorrow at her office via her Windows PC there.

Some people say they've experienced problems having uploaded music from different computers to their VPs but I never experienced this :thinking:

I'm slightly wary of downloading SS to my wife's PC and then getting all my music wiped by buggy versions of SS. Am I likely to encounter any problems?

Thanks all
Speedbird223

1 REPLY 1
microbat
Visitor

i have experienced no problems uploading music with different versions of s.s. and even after rebuliding my p.c. and reinstalling all the software, i had no problems.

However, what i did find a problem with is trying to transfer the music back to the pc. I couldnt do it on the new machine because of drm. In the latest versions of s.s. you can turn off drm for all the new tracks transferred, but I am not aware of any method of taking it off of existing music.

I hope this is useful. I am not sure and may be making things up but i think i read somewhere there are some regional differences to s.s too? might be worth checking the forum out for that, or maybe some nice person on the forum can clarify?