Join now - be part of our community!

notebook and airport

cucca
Visitor

notebook and airport

Hello all,
next week i have to fly with my vgn-fs215m but i'm afraid that the x-ray that the airport use to check my notebook will damage the lcd... Could this happen? Is it covered by the warranty :thinking:
Somebody have allready flyed with his notebook without reporting damage?

thanx and happy new year!!!!
Cucca

4 REPLIES 4
William
Visitor

Hello all,
next week i have to fly with my vgn-fs215m but i'm afraid that the x-ray that the airport use to check my notebook will damage the lcd... Could this happen? Is it covered by the warranty :thinking:
Somebody have allready flyed with his notebook without reporting damage?

thanx and happy new year!!!!
Cucca

I would hope that Airports understand Laptops by now.

If appropriate I am sure they will do their check on it manually, otherwise it will be deemed safe to pass through the X Ray machine.

Exercise caution at airports
Bear the following points in mind.

You may need to remove your laptop from its bag so that it can be X-rayed separately.

Make sure your laptop is charged before you go to the airport. Security personnel may want to see the computer in operation to verify that it is what it seems.

Never put your laptop on the security X-ray machine belt before you have a clear path to the end of the belt. Professional thieves operate at many airports: they may try to distract you and steal the computer while you believe it is still in the machine.

Happy New Year to you too.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi cucca,

I was not able to have my laptop checked manually, because I to was concerned about the x-ray, however I was assured that it was safe to go through the x-ray. I had my laptop in a zeroshock cover to avoid any problems with all the other accessories (I placed my charger in my main luggage). I didn't, thankfully have any problems. :slight_smile:

I have attached a link that may be of use regarding security at the airport.

Teach users these five laptop security musts

:slight_smile:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Some excellent points there William

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

As you have discovered the x-ray will do no harm to your notebook.

The reason that it has to be removed from the bag and scanned separately is that the electronics are so dense in a notebook/laptop that anything hidden within the bag may not show up if obscured by the computer.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat