Join now - be part of our community!

Nvidia drivers update

xavante
Visitor

Nvidia drivers update

hi everyone,

does anyone know how do i update my nvidia drivers?

i have a vaio sz3 with windows xp pro and the graphic is a gforce go 7400 with 128MB.

i tryed to use the nvidia official drivers but the installation failed.

thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
maishan
New

To my knowledge there are no drivers for the 7400 (i have one too!) direct from Nvidea - you have to use the ones Sony provide.

budgetmil
Visitor

Hi,

You can find instructions on how to do this on this page http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=9243

Of course, this is at your own risk... Nor Nvidia neither Sony will help you if you have a problem !

I did install the latest Nvidia drivers with this method because of a problem I had with my Sony AR21S (B&W picture on my TV when using S-VIDEO out) and it worked perfectly (and resolved the problem I had. I can now see my vids in color...).

I hope it will be usefull for you.

xavante
Visitor

yes it does help i got a better performance now, but its still too low imho compared to a ATI X1600 with 128MB my Go 7400 had a blast, is this normal?

budgetmil
Visitor

I don't know... I don't have this VAIO model but maybe someone on this forum could tell you ?

scorty
Visitor

(Vaio FE31M, recently upgraded to Windows Vista-Ultimate 64bit)
When I tried to setup the nVidia drivers downloaded from the updated list for Vista (this site), I receveid the following error message ”The setup detected that the operating sistem in use is not Windows Vista”!?
Does enyone has an explanation?!
It could be because the 64bit version of Vista?

And this is only one of my problems!

Thanks!

scorty

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Yes, the reason is probably Vista64 bit. And you need a 64bit driver of course.

Press F8 during at boot and disable that checking-for-signed-drivers-thingy.

scorty
Visitor

Yes, the reason is probably Vista64 bit. And you need a 64bit driver of course.

Press F8 during at boot and disable that checking-for-signed-drivers-thingy.

Thanks a lot ”seb21”.
I disabled the checking, but with no result.
Probably I have to wait for the complete set of the new drivers.

Unfortunately, there are more others things which not working after Vista Ultimate 64bit installation, among them:
- sound volume buttons don't work;
- motion eye camera is not recognized, and I did not find an accepted driver;
- projector presentation is instable (from time to time the display turn black, the Toshiba projector loose the signal, and, after few secconds, the video signal is found again - sometimes not!.

It is amazing, but I still like Windows Vista, even sometimes I hate it...

scorty