Join now - be part of our community!

old and new tft monitors, how do tey match up?

street_spirit
Visitor

old and new tft monitors, how do tey match up?

Howdy have posted on here in the past, so maybe veteran posters may remember me!

Ok here's the situation, when I got my Vaio pcv rx406 a few years ago it came with a 15 inch tft monitor. Back then tft is still a little pricey, think the monitor came out at about 300 but that might have been discounted because it was bought with the machine, not really sure.

Anyway a while back i replaced the monitor with a 19 inch crt, as i thought you couldn't dual monitor although i have now found out that a dvi can be converted to a vga! Basically i have let someone else in the house borrow the 15 inch tft so now i need it back am looking into getting them or myself a new 15 inch tft.

My question is how do tft monitors of yesteryear match up with say budget tft monitors of today. Has the technology moved on much that even a budget tft would beat a decent tft of a few years ago?

Also is there a way to have a monitor connected to two machines so u can flip back and forth the dual monitoring, would be useful to have it so i could use it on my ibook too.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hey, long time no see, hope all is well?

I always say you should go and look at monitors before purchasing, we all have different ideas on good brightness and contrast, so have a look in Comet etc with a pen and pad and note down the make/model and buy online.