Join now - be part of our community!

overheating K115Z

ali_mahmoud
Visitor

overheating K115Z

My Vaio K115 is overheating all the time. untill it freezes and or the screen backlights turn off if left on overnight.

after puting it on from cold by about 20-30 minutes the fan is then constantly on FULL but the heat build up is abnormal.

I am thinking its the processor going faulty ( a few months ago the fan broke and the temp of the processor reached 90 Degrees Celcius a few times. the fan was replaced , but the processor is still getting very hot ( dont know exactly the temp as the utility for that is no longer installed) but it id definatelly running super hot.

If the processor is faulty, I would like to replace it with the fastest processor that the motherboard will accept

HELP

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi ali_mahmoud,

Welcome to Club vaio, :slight_smile:

To check the temperature of your vaio download and run mobilemeter

Post back the temperatures of your Vaio once you've run mobilemeter..:smileyhappy:

The cause could be a build up of dust and you could be try cleaning the vents with a blast of compressed air..

ali_mahmoud
Visitor

My laptop is currently running at about 59 , but it has only been on a short time. it will get much hotter in 30 minutes to 1 hour. (the second fan has not even started yet.

WHAT IS THE FASTEST CPU THAT THE VAIO K115Z can accept

thanks