Join now - be part of our community!

Pb with using Motion Eye webcam on VGC LA2

lucjean
Visitor

Pb with using Motion Eye webcam on VGC LA2

Frequently when I want to use the webcam, I have "the webcam isalready use by an other program" but It seems that any program is running.
How it is possible tpo diagnose the problem? :slight_frown:

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi lucjean and welcome to Club Vaio.

This would seem to be a Vista problem. If you look through this forum you will find you are not alone.

This has been reported back to Sony - I think it will need a new driver version.

:slight_frown:

lucjean
Visitor

Thank you Blencogo,
Do you know if a new driver is available yet and if yes whitch reference it is :slight_frown:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi lucjean,

No unfortunately the new driver/update is not available yet for the LA2 .. :slight_frown:

GoodLuc
Visitor

Frequently when I want to use the webcam, I have "the webcam isalready use by an other program" but It seems that any program is running.
How it is possible tpo diagnose the problem? :slight_frown:

It would seemm that for security reasons, Windows Vista does not allow all the identities to run various programs.

The way to solve this problem is to right click on the icon, select properties, then compability, and finally, under "level of pivilege", mark the square "execute as an administrator" ( I hope that this is a correct translation as my operating system is in French)

I faced the problem so often that I finally decided to search all the *.exe on my hard drive...

... And the webcam works now !

Good Luck !

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi GoodLuc and welcome to Club Vaio.

Thanks for posting your solution.

As several users seem to have this problem can you just clarify exactly how you solved the problem?

Which Icon do you right-click on? You do not mention the name of the .exe file.

:thinking:

GoodLuc
Visitor

Hi GoodLuc and welcome to Club Vaio.

Thanks for posting your solution.

As several users seem to have this problem can you just clarify exactly how you solved the problem?

Which Icon do you right-click on? You do not mention the name of the .exe file.

:thinking:

In the repertory c:/Drivers/camera I found two applications DPinst32.exe and dpinst64.exe

just right click on both, then select properties, compability, and mark the square "execute this program as an administrator"

It worked for me.

You should also check in the control panel that your identity is considered as an administrator.

All the best, Luc.

alen1611
Visitor

Hello GoodLuc!!!!!! That thanks functioned!

lucjean
Visitor

Hello GoodLuc,
I don’t understand why, but I can’t cross “works as administrator’, the square still green.
Could you tell me what I can do to cross this function?
Thank you.
lucjean

groovs
Visitor

hi goodluc

the files u mentioned ..both of them i found under the c:/drivers/wlan ...

is it due to the fact that my system is a different modeld ??

i have SZ4MN , built in cam VGC-VCC5

regards.