Join now - be part of our community!

PCG-F807K POST problems (siren sound)

BarbaraW
Visitor

PCG-F807K POST problems (siren sound)

I'm trying to sort out my Vaio PCG-F807K. It's been working fine since purchase a couple of years ago, but earlier it stopped responding and made a repeated siren sound five times. It recovered briefly, then stopped responding whilst making the siren noise, then it blue screened.

Now it doesn't POST, it just displays the Sony logo and makes the repeated siren sound (five siren sounds, gap, repeat). I've unplugged everything that can be unplugged, and that's made no difference. It refuses to boot from anything.

Does anyone know what this BIOS beep code actually means? More importantly does anyone know what the cure is? I'm happy to take it apart and fix it if someone knows exactly what's going on?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

Here is the BIOS Beep Code reference sheet:

http://www.uktsupport.co.uk/reference/biosb.htm

This sounds like a dead mothrboard - I will wait for others to confirm or deny this.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Try reseating the memory.
Make sure the PC is off and you have unplugged the AC and battery and have earthed yourself.

BarbaraW
Visitor

Thanks Kee-Lo: Pulled out the SODIMMs and reseated them, and it worked like a charm. Backing up the computer now :cool:

JamesMold: Thanks for that, looks like poorly seated RAM can cause that error too!

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

No problem.