Join now - be part of our community!

pcg-fx805

mattaries
Visitor

pcg-fx805

Hi

I am having a problem with my other vaio, fx805.

The cd-rom drive does not work, you load a disc and nothing happans. I have been down the road of the trouble shooter, which could not shoot its way out of a paper bag this time:smileyangry: :angry: .

Is there anything anybody can suggest PLS:smileyconfused: :thinking: :thinking:

11 REPLIES 11
TygerTyger
Visitor

Well you should try reinstalling the drivers, see www.vaio-link.com. Really CD drives are ultra reliable, the only time they don't work is when they are bust which sounds like the case here.

mattaries
Visitor

Well Tyger, i think you could be right. Sounds like a trip to the shops. How muck do you think it will set me back??

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

It's not cheap knowing Sony.

mattaries
Visitor

Yeah i know. Sony do put a high price tag on most of there stuff.
Still i would not buy from any other, only if its was for a good reason?

kee-lo_

Because you won';t be able to boot from it in the future.

mattaries
Visitor

I wont be able to boot from it?????????

kee-lo_

Not if it's not a Sony device

johnny_boy
Visitor

I have a new (2 months old) Vaio TR5MP and the DVD-RW drive is very flakey at reading CD-ROMS, no problem with DVDs, just CD data discs (games or applications). I installed some network drivers for a PCMCIA card (I know I have built in b and g but I needed to check the card) and used the disc straight out of the package and it took 4 attempts to install.

To get office to install I had to copy the CD on my main PC (I have a 10 license copy so it doesn't breach copyright as each install gets a unique number).

The shop I bought it from said they could send it away but they would try it with Sony discs so to persevere.

kee-lo_

I would get VAIO-Link to replace it for you.