Join now - be part of our community!

PCG-K315s keyboard.

boobie
Visitor

PCG-K315s keyboard.

Hi There,
I need to replace my laptop's keyboard, having a difficult time finding the right one for my model PCG-K315s. Any suggestions? Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
boobie
Visitor

Sorry, my correct model number is PCG-K315B CEK & NOT PCG-315s as announced in my original message.

Thanks!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi boobie,

Welcome to Club vaio, :slight_smile:

Have a look at Nexttronics a US based company, however they do ship worldwide.

The keyboard is listed as costing $63..:smileyhappy:

boobie
Visitor

Hi Thalamus,

Thanks for the welcome & the info. Much appreciated, I'll let you know of the outcome.

Ciao :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome boobie, good luck..:smileygood_luck:

boobie
Visitor

Hi Again,

I did check but I don't see my model number inj the following link:

http://store.nexttronics.com/147859812.html

Perhaps I'm in the wrong one????

Thanks again :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi boobie,

Yes that would appear to be the correct UK keyboard for your model, the link you provided states:- Compatible with: PCG-K45 PCG-K47 PCG-K43F PCG-K44FP PCG-K45F PCG-K43Q PCG-K415B PCG-K415S PCG-K23 PCG-K23F PCG-K23Q PCG-K25 PCG-K25F PCG-K27 PCG-K215M PCG-K215S PCG-K215Z VGN-K31 VGN-K31B VGN-K71B PCG-K33 PCG-K33P PCG-K35 PCG-K37 PCG-K33F PCG-K34FP PCG-K35F PCG-K33Q PCG-K This list provided as reference and is not complete or definitive.

As you may notice it states that this is not a complete list of models the keyboard is compatible with, however the page I supplied lists your model and this the same part number for the keyboard listed there....:smileyhappy:

boobie
Visitor

Hi there,

I thought so, just wanted to double check. I think the compatible list is just a guide line for other models to check whether they can use this keyboard or not. I guess it doesn't show my model cause it's the authentic one for my model. ( hope so..lol) cause I am going to purchase it.

Is it easy to replace it, or would you advice for me to take it in for replacement? Wouldn't like to open it & screw things up.

Thanks for all your help & info. :slight_smile: