Join now - be part of our community!

PCG-V505CP Word & Excel & Floppy Drive

MarionGoulden
Visitor

PCG-V505CP Word & Excel & Floppy Drive

I have just acquired the above and was surprised to discover that Word & Excel have not been factory supplied and there is no floppy disk drive.
Can I load office 2000 without problems? How do I save data to export to another PC :smileyconfused::
Marion
:slight_frown:

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hi

Word and Excell are not always on PCs when you purchase them.
Installing Office 2000 should be no problem at all.
Look through the accessory matcher to find a USB floppy drive.

tellingd
Visitor

Word & Excel are premium products for Mocrosoft and are never free - if they come bundled with a new machine then you will be paying for them somewhere along the way.

As far as floppy drives are concerned - didn't they go out with black & white TV's? :tongue:

Just kidding, most of my spreadsheets are too big for a single floppy so I use a USB memory stick - fantastic invention. Loads of space and never get an error reading the drive. Although I do have a USB floppy drive so I can deal with those people who are even more technically challenged than I am :anguished:

kee-lo_

Just kidding, most of my spreadsheets are too big for a single floppy so I use a USB memory stick - fantastic invention.  Loads of space and never get an error reading the drive.  Although I do have a USB floppy drive so I can deal with those people who are even more technically challenged than I am  :anguished:

They must be BIG spreadsheets :tongue:

tellingd
Visitor

Kee-Lo, you know it's not the size of the spreadsheet that counts but what you do with it :wink:

kee-lo_

Has to have a nice figure in total?

marilyno
Visitor

:thinking: Hello Marion
I have almost the same model as you apart from the CP letters at the end (my Vaio has BP) did you get a Microsoft WORKS V.7 C.D come with your vaio.if so where you able to work out how to use it as it has me completly foxed.

WORKS V.7 is the most confusing software I have ever used does anyone else agree?

Regards
Marilyn