Join now - be part of our community!

PCMCIA adapter for cf card

drew0119
Visitor

PCMCIA adapter for cf card

Hi all
I'm looking for a Compact flash card reader to fit in the PCMCIA slot of my A115z. Seem to be so many on the web, I shoot pictures with a 1 & 2gb Lexar CF card. It will save me having to carry around a USB2 external multi reader. Anyone know if this will actualy be faster than the USB2? My iage sizes are 40mb each from 14 mp camera.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

See this and this

drew0119
Visitor

Thanks for the links Kee!
Think these readers are the old slower type on a 16 bit slot. I have been looking for the 32bit adaptor that rans the same speed as or faster than USB2 external card reader. I did find one from the Lexar site. Thanks for your quick responce though, you seem to be a bit of a ghuru on this forum, you have responded to may only three ever posts on the site. Cheers mate!!:smileyhappy:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Thanks for the links Kee!

No problem.

Think these readers are the old slower type on a 16 bit slot. I have been looking for the 32bit adaptor that rans the same speed as or faster than USB2 external card reader. I did find one from the Lexar site. 

They're Type III I think, which is usually 32bit. Correct me if I'm wrong. I think the first one is type II is well.

Thanks for your quick responce though, you seem to be a bit of a ghuru on this forum, you have responded to may only three ever posts on the site. Cheers mate!!:smileyhappy:

Thanks
I try my best :slight_smile: