Join now - be part of our community!

PCMCIA installation

feddosio
Visitor

PCMCIA installation

I just bought a Belking WiFi PCMCIA P5D7010 I've installed on my VAIO desktop M series.
The card was successfully installed but have a conflict in resources (code 12).
The system is saying that there are not enough resources for the peripheral. To use the card it is necessary to deactivate another peripheral.
I was trying to check were the conflict is but without success and the card is always deactivated.
Can someone help me or had similar problem?
Thank you
:slight_frown:

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Try opening Device Manager and choose View -> Resources by Connection and expand IRQ. See if you can see what is sharing an IRQ with your wireless card.

Alternatively Start -> Run -> msinfo32.exe (and Enter). Open 'Hardware Resources' and have a good look at 'Conflicts/Sharing' and 'Forced Hardware'.

Either Disable any conflicting devices (if you don't use them) or look for any devices you no longer use. You could try uninstalling your wireless card and re-booting your Vaio - it may reallocate an IRQ. The card is Plug and Play I assume?

Check for any BIOS updates.

:wink:

feddosio
Visitor

Thanks for the info.
I've been looking on the Device Manager but seem that the card is not connected.
Same for msinfo no conflict or forced hardware.
By looking on internet I found a bug on XP for some PCMCIA card not being correctly recognized by the system

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310772/en-us

I've tried a different card (taken from a friend) and even with some problem with the driver (not 100% XP certified!) the card was working.

I suppose I have to buy a different one!

Is BIOS updated checked by the VAIO update software?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Glad you've found a way to get online!

Yes, your Vaio Update should let you know if there is a BIOS Update available. It is worth checking manually HERE every now and then!

:wink:

feddosio
Visitor

Thank you for your support!

I've changed the card with a D-link MIMO and it is now working.
:slight_smile:

Thanks for the link to the update.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I've had quite a bit of trouble with Belkin products lately....