Join now - be part of our community!

pcv-rs502 which mobo i have

chedaa
Visitor

pcv-rs502 which mobo i have

i dont know wich is my motherboard. Because i want to flash my bios.
If anyone have a pcv-rs502 can tell me.

I want to flash my bios because it doens't give enough control ( but i dont know if it'll change anything)

thanks for a reply plz

5 REPLIES 5
William
Visitor

http://www.vaio-link.com/downloads/select/select.asp?l=en&m=1571

There are no bios upgrades avaiable for the RS502.

Your reason for wishing to upgrade seems to suggest to me that you are willing to try a non Sony bios upgrade.

This is extremely unlikely to succeed and very likely end in floods of tears when you have a dead computer.

William

chedaa
Visitor

I didnt know it 's a sony bios. I will never flash the epromm with a non specific bios.

thanks

William
Visitor

ITSprobably a Phoenix bios specifically tailored for Sony, hence the lack of options.

Unless Sony release an update you are stuck.

Even if they do release one the number of user changeable options will likely be the same.

William

chrissy.y2k
Visitor

ITSprobably a Phoenix bios specifically tailored for Sony, hence the lack of options.
:angry:

gd point there williams there is indeed no bios upgrade it is flashable but no new version avaiable.... I tried this myself

note: the bios is actually a american megatrends inc...

its the same from most of the rs series systems :slight_smile:

William
Visitor

Ok its an AMI bios, thank you.

Although Sony are obviously never first out of the starting blocks when it comes to updates I am sure that if there is a bug, flaw or limitation in the bios then they will fix it and publish the bios.

I am intrigued as to which bits of the bios Chedaa wants to gain control over.

All bios(s) tend to run the most stable with default values, which is what Sony believes and unless you are into overclocking or tinkering with memory timings, what else is there to tinker with?

I had a quick look at the AMI support site and they firmly point the finger to Sony for updates.

I am almost reluctant to add that I have found the Sony USA site has a lot more updates, including bios, I have used them on more than one occasion for my European laptops.

If your model has a USA equivelant look here:

http://www.ita.sel.sony.com/support/

I said reluctant earlier because if it does end in tears don't blame me.

William