Join now - be part of our community!

photo competition

Wiaterek
Visitor

photo competition

Why can not Polish vaio club members participate in the photo competition (according to the first paragraph of the regulations)??!! That is not fair...! I can not load any photo :devil:

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Wiaterek,

I've no idea.. :thinking:

I've asked Sony if they can let me know if Polish members can enter the competition or not..

If not hopefully they will give us a reason why.. :thinking:

Nath1980
Visitor

Hello Wiaterek (and Thalamus),

Our Polish Club VAIO members are unable to participate in our Club VAIO contest due to European law regulations. Our Legal departement can only cover the countries that are mentioned in the Terms and Conditions.

This means that all members are free to participate in our games (so you can upload your pictures Wiaterek!) but only members from those specific countries are able to win any prizes.

Warmest regards,

Nathalie

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I think therefore all competitions should be discontinued if this is the case. It's not fair to people who live outside the territory covered by the law.

It's promoting inequality, and I don't think a multinational like Sony should encourage this.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Thanks for replying Nathalie..

Wiaterek
Visitor

Frankly speaking it is unbelievable when such a huge global corporation like Sony cannot include Polish vaio club members into the competition because of the European law. This is a ridiculous explanation. The more that Poland is a member of the European Union, that Sony was able to set up a subsidiary in Poland but they cannot organize a simple competition… :laughing:

That situation was the more disappointing to me because Sony translated the competition website into Polish language, they also translated into Polish all the terms and conditions. When a Polish vaio club member enters the Polish vaio club website he can see a huge invitation to upload photo of his vaio to check whether his vaio looks good in the picture and so on... And after all these encouragements not only can’t you upload a photo (I tried many times during last two weeks; I tried different photos and all of them were consistent with terms and conditions –still all the time “500 error” appeared), but you can’t participate in the photo competition at all as well. :triumph:

Imagine the situation –the Polish Sony call center isn’t able to help you whatever you ask for, the clients in neighboring countries (in the Czech Republic and Germany) got a two-year Sony guarantee for their vaio notebooks, but Polish clients got only a one-year Sony guarantee… and now I can’t even participate in the photo competition… all that make me very disappointed! I feel as if I were a worse kind of client… :angry:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Frankly speaking it is unbelievable when such a huge global corporation like Sony cannot include Polish vaio club members into the competition because of the European law. This is a ridiculous explanation. The more that Poland is a member of the European Union, that Sony was able to set up a subsidiary in Poland but they cannot organize a simple competition…  :laughing: 

That situation was the more disappointing to me because Sony translated the competition website into Polish language, they also translated into Polish all the terms and conditions. When a Polish vaio club member enters the Polish vaio club website he can see a huge invitation to upload photo of his vaio to check whether his vaio looks good in the picture and so on... And after all these encouragements not only can’t you upload a photo (I tried many times during last two weeks; I tried different photos and all of them were consistent with terms and conditions –still all the time “500 error” appeared), but you can’t participate in the photo competition at all as well. :triumph:

Imagine the situation –the Polish Sony call center isn’t able to help you whatever you ask for, the clients in neighboring countries (in the Czech Republic and Germany) got a two-year Sony guarantee for their vaio notebooks, but Polish clients got only a one-year Sony guarantee… and now I can’t even participate in the photo competition… all that make me very disappointed! I feel as if I were a worse kind of client… :angry:

Totally with you on this man, it's completely unfair that they have gone to all that trouble to translate the page and then Polish people cannot enter? What's that all about? Hope someone will look into this, it's unfair and could land people into bother. Just look how ofcom came down on TV shows phone in's in the UK?

I don't know what's happening to Sony and Club VAIO, it needs desperate mending and quickly, or people will loose interest and just go elsewhere. This Club is meant to be for everyone in the European Union, which contains 37 member states, so why are certain people being left out in the cold (probably literally at this time of year too) when we're all meant to be Europeans?

Sort it out guys, it's an embarrassment!

Wiaterek
Visitor

Thanks Kee-Lo