Join now - be part of our community!

Play Videos with Sony VGF-AP1

Musterknabe1981
Visitor

Play Videos with Sony VGF-AP1

Hi,

I bought my Sony Vaio VGF-AP1 two weeks ago.
Someone said me, that the VGF-AP1 can play Videos since some day's. All I need is a new Software?!?!?

Can someone of you help me? I don't know how I can play videos with my player!

Thank's for your help!

ACHIM

P.S. Sorry for my bad english! But you can answer in english or german! 🙂

11 REPLIES 11
Ze_PilOt
Visitor

sorry but, you can't do that.

Twisted-Rizla
Visitor

There WAS supposed a video playback facility but I think it was some kind of marketing ploy to put people off buying iPods!

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Yeah it sucks TR, they are really not doing the VP any justice.

If it had video it would be cool.

DiabloVaio
Visitor

I know that iRiver published a firmware for its H300 series (Which are like VP, having a 256K color screen and ability to play REAL music, not like VP :tongue: , and photo playback ability) that made them able to play video files! (But only with 10Fps, and in .Avi format I think).
Anyway, I know that VP's CPU is much better than iRiver H300 series, because it's much faster as I heard. So it's not impossible to make it play videos!
But, a big problem is, VP is from SONY, which is not a good news for people who are interested in GOOD & REAL firmware upgrades!
SIGhhhhhhhhhhh:smileyrolling_eyes:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I recon it's possible too, come on Sony!

Chris384
Visitor

when + where did sony actually state that the VP would have video playback features?

can anyone give a link to a website with this info?

yes it would be a cool feature but where can we request sony to make it? (where can we e-mail / contact sony?)

MadarbWoT
Visitor

if that is true and sony did play a marketing trick concerning video playback,then all users can demand that the company releases a firmware supporting this.

or you could take legal measures if they didnt right?

DiabloVaio
Visitor

if that is true and sony did play a marketing trick concerning video playback,then all users can demand that the company releases a firmware supporting this.

or you could take legal measures if they didnt right?

I spent ages trying to find that if SONY has ever said something like that, but found nothing. I don't think that Sony has ever said that VP is going to play videos in future.
The problem is, they already built a PVP, which is not a good news for us VP owners.

MadarbWoT
Visitor

yes thats exactly the point diablo...
i dont think theres any chance for us now!:smileycry: :cry: :cry: :cry: