Join now - be part of our community!

Playback Start

Sherbs
Visitor

Playback Start

Has anyone else come across the fact that the Timed Playback Function doesn't always work? If so, have you found a way around it? Cheers.

2 REPLIES 2
Hellz_Virtue
Visitor

Haha yes I have! I had the same problem, i had it connected to two speakers so that I would wake up to music, and when the alarm time came it didn't start playing!
But, I have identified a solution. This problem occurred if you set the alarm time the day before, so if you wanted an alarm at 7a.m. the next day and you set it at 11pm or any time before the next day started, it would not go off. Because the day changes, it doesn't go off for some stupid reason! Now, I did come up with a solution:

The solution involves changing the time. This isn't too drastic, it just means that instead of the time being 11am, it will show up as 11pm. Firstly, go to settings, clock settings, format settings, time, and select 12H clock. This will mean that when you set the alarm for 7a.m. real time at 11p.m. real time, you will actually be setting it for 7p.m. at 11a.m, meaning that the alarm will go off on the same day as programmed into the VAIO Pocket! Only downside is that the time will always appear to be the opposite of am or pm, but I dont think that really matters as it sould be easy enough to guess whether its morning or night!

Hope this helps, any problems just post up on here or PM me.

Hellz

Sherbs
Visitor

Cheers Hellz,
Did suspect that that was the problem, seems a bit daft to me though. Why on earth should it make any difference? Thanks for the tip to get around it (obvious really).