Join now - be part of our community!

Playing DVD's

CraigWolfie
Visitor

Playing DVD's

I recently brought my Sony Vaio, and I am very impressed, apart from the Battery Life and when I am playing DVD movies.

I do a set of nights for my job every 12 weeks, and one of my reason's for buying a laptop was so I could play games and watch DVD's in those long hard nights. Although on every film I have played the sound and film keeps jumping.

I have tried several DVD's, and all the same, the further into the film I go the worse it get's.

I have a Sony Vaio PCG-K315M.

It is a P4 3.06 (532)
40 Gig HDD
512 MB RAM
15.4" WXGA X-Black LCD (1280x800)
Pioneer DVD-RW Drive (DVR-K4)

I am using WinDVD 5 (come pre-installed), and the same thing happens in Windows Media Player. I have all the updates from Sony's WebSite installed.

Please help if you can, it is Driving Me CRAZY.

11 REPLIES 11
feederfan
Visitor

Yeah, i think it must be a problem with the video chip personally, i cant see anything else being the fault, unless it is the software DVD decoder. You could try installing Slysoft's AnyDVD and see if that helps.

TygerTyger
Visitor

Well I just tried, and on the Quiet fan setting on battery the DVD playback jerks on my computer. I tried a different software decoder so it's not that. I would suggest asking eSupport about this, I'd be very interested to hear what they say.