Join now - be part of our community!

PLEASE HELP! error msg: "the installed battery may not be properly connected to the computer"

eridon
Visitor

PLEASE HELP! error msg: "the installed battery may not be properly connected to the computer"

HELP PLEASE!!!!! I jus bought a VAIO VPCF11Z1E and all of the sudden i get e massage on screen saying "Battery not conected properly or incompatible with sony vaio" or somthing like that and it asks me to click ok to HIBERATE, i have retarted a few time and taken battery out and put it back in again but no success. I cant use my laptop at all, it dosent let me do anything. even when i go on safemode it still doesnt restart when i click restart.

I think the problem started after an VAIO UPDATE...in which case i will be very pissed of with sony 😕

Please help me if you can, what shall i do?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi eridon and welcome.

I assume you have not uninstalled anything and that you have tried cleaning the battery terminals.

With a genuine Sony battery the possible causes are: -

* the battery is not correctly inserted and locked,
* there is a problem with the battery connectors,
* there is an issue with the internal memory of the battery.

If you think it was caused by a Vaio Update you need to speak to Sony Support. Click on 'Support' at the top of this page and then enter your Vaio's details and click on 'Get in Touch'.

Let us know how you get on as this may affect other members here.

If your Vaio is very new, you could try taking back to the shop and explain that it does not work properly an ask to exchange it.

:slight_frown:

albertn
Visitor

I had the same problem some day ago. I think it was caused by the download of 'battery checker'. An experienced user helped me to fix it. I think he killed a process and removed a service (forgot the name) which was really not easy, because of the error umessage poppin every some seconds.

Albert

eridon
Visitor

hi guys

thanks for you time in replying.

after years and years of acer after acer i decided to go VAIO.
So far i have been greeted with all kinds of problems with VAIO.

This error disbles everysingle driver on the computer which doesnt allow you to do absolutely nothing. You cant turn it off, restart or put asleep. Even the safe mode is almost unfunctional. the only way you are able to turn it of is by holding down power button for 10 sec.

I am an experienced user but i have never come across this before. I contacted sony and even mentioned that the laptop was only 2 weeks old and that i had its original batery and their reply was "use a sony battery and do a system restore" which is loughable.

Anyway i think the problem was caused by an update from sony which again makes sony very stupid and unreliable for realesing such updates.

Here is how i got around it: (long & painful but no other choice)

1. Becuase everything on the com was diabled apart from some programs i installed a new copy of windows 7 on top of the existing one (in other word i dint format the drive when i intalled fresh copy of windows. This way all your data is put together in a folder on ur C drive called "Windows.Old"

2.When the new windows was complete i went to the C drive "windows.old" folder where my old data was located and i copied and pasted all the files and folder that i needed and pasted the on a portable drive (backed it all up) although it was looooong!

3. Once i backed up all my data manually, I thenrestarted my VAIO and when the VAIO logo appeared I pressed F10 several times and that took me to the recovery mode where you can do a completely fron install of your VAIO supplied windows. (in other words take ur VAIO back to its factory setting, just like when you first opened it from the box.

4. Painfully reinstalled everything and transferred my data and now everything is back to normal but there is no garantee that i wont get it again coz i just dont know which actual upodate caused that problem (unless i dont update at all, which im not keen on doing.

I hope this helps.

profile.country.en_GB.title
dawhitt21
Visitor

Hi All,

Thanks to 'albertn' for pointing me to the solution. This is caused by the battery checker. To 'Fix' the issue do the following:

Tested in Win7 but should work for Vista.

NB: Because the popup is so forcefull for these instructions use the mouse and do not press enter as you may hibernate before you get a chance to fix the problem.

1. Press Ctrl, Alt and del and select 'Task Manager'

2. Select the 'Processes' tab

3. At the bottom of the window press the 'Show processes from all users' button

4. Find the process called 'ISBMgr.exe' and select it

5. Press 'End Process' and aggree to the popup

To stop it happening again you need to remove the program. To do this:

1. Go into C:\Program Files\Sony

2. Select the ISBMgr folder and delete it.

Tidy up:

I did notice that it has inserted its self into the startup apps. To remove it go to the start button and type 'msconfig'

Go to the 'Startup' tab and untick ISBMgr

Reboot to check its all worked.

Hope this helps

Danny

PS. Carry this process out at your own risk.