Join now - be part of our community!

Preinstalled Software Sucks

LuisaOliveira
Visitor

Preinstalled Software Sucks

I do not understand why is Sony Obligating the customers to use preinstalled software.

I bought a suposedly powerfull Vaio Fe11S Dual Core and the software, when factory restored is stupidly slow..
Why i have to use 5 or 6 symantec programs, google tolbars, blablabla...
The Customers shoulde be able to get the clean Windows install media.

Everyone knows that even when uninstalling that software, the windows will not be as fast as clean installed.

Of course, i am already building myself a OEM clean media...

:zipper_mouth:

25 REPLIES 25
Kris1990
Visitor

i know some on the software is not needed. but some software you might use or need for your job or whatever so it saves you money etc

coxlabs
Visitor

Yeah,

Get rid of the Norton stuff... damn is this garbage.

After an update to the latest version, I've checked the system and no viruses found but still the system worked slow. It was the moment when I discovered, that the task manager and run dialog box will not stay open, that there was a problem.

Some time latter and an uptadated BitDeffender instaled and all Norton stuff erased, some viruses found and removed, my system worked like a charm.

I cannot aford to do an windows install from the original kit because I'm not having any. I got the Laptop for Christmas and in the case was no CD/DVD or what ever. It was brand new but maybe my they trew away it by mistake.

So, yeah preinstalled stuff sucks, sometimes.

Adobe Premiere Elements doesn't goes any good too, is so slooooow. On a 12M movie from a SONY DSC-V1, I've tried to remove some parts from it. After 20 minutes I merely managed to close the app without crashing, because on the first thing I've tried to do on the clip it got stuck, it was working in background but it took 5 minutes to have again control to the window, no message, no warning no nothing, just stuck and the window wasn't redrawing.

I needed only 15 minutes to edit the same movie in the Movie Maker. Yeah very light but at least it was 1 click - 1 instant action.

PS. I have a VGN-B3XP, not the fastes but fast enough.

profile.country.en_NL.title
Carelino
Visitor

Stop whining....If you don't like it you can remove the software. Be happy you get stuff for free, not everybody is rich and downloads illigall software....geez....

Mcafee is the best one.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

LOL I agree some of the software might not seem the best, but its free and gives you the basics so you're up and running.

Norton may be a bit of a resource hog but It'll keep you relatively safe when you start using your new Vaio.
Bitdefender is an interesting choice but It can be very slow. Check other posts for virus/spyware essentials.

Always make your own recovery discs if you're not supplied with one!

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

The best part of Sony's preinstalls is the Adobe stuff, otherwise the rest is just pure poop

LuisaOliveira
Visitor

Sony Supoprt gave me a patch to put in my windows.
I just have to install the first restore dvd and then activating the patch to shut off the "insert the restore dvd2 to complete your vaio restore".
The dvd2 comes with the majority of shitty software. The first one only replaces de s.o, the drivers, sony aplications, google toolbar and norton internet security. Now i uninstalled norton, google toolbar, and tweaked the machine and installed nod32 which i like alot. And now, my core duo is fynally a real powefull computer.. weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
If anyone wants the patch, just send me the mail :wink:

My e-mail :wink:

gruezak
Visitor

Sony Supoprt gave me a patch to put in my windows. 
I just have to install the first restore dvd and then activating the patch to shut off the "insert the restore dvd2 to complete your vaio restore".
The dvd2 comes with the majority of shitty software. The first one only replaces de s.o, the drivers, sony aplications, google toolbar and norton internet security. Now i uninstalled norton, google toolbar, and tweaked the machine and installed nod32 which i like alot. And now, my core duo is fynally a real powefull computer.. weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
If anyone wants the patch, just send me the mail :wink:

My e-mail :wink:

I dont want to install application recovery because ı dont need these programs and when windows starts it always ask me to setup application.I click cancel 4 or 5 five times when windows start.how can ı do it ? I dont want this.it always ask me.it is boring to click cancel everytime

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I cannot aford to do an windows install from the original kit because I'm not having any. I got the Laptop for Christmas and in the case was no CD/DVD or what ever. It was brand new but maybe my they trew away it by mistake.

Hi coxlabs,

Unfortunatly Sony do not supply recovery disc's with your VGN-B3XP, you have to create a set yourself by following these instructions :slight_smile:

gruezak
Visitor

tnx alot LuisaOliveira :cool: