Join now - be part of our community!

Preinstalled Software Sucks

LuisaOliveira
Visitor

Preinstalled Software Sucks

I do not understand why is Sony Obligating the customers to use preinstalled software.

I bought a suposedly powerfull Vaio Fe11S Dual Core and the software, when factory restored is stupidly slow..
Why i have to use 5 or 6 symantec programs, google tolbars, blablabla...
The Customers shoulde be able to get the clean Windows install media.

Everyone knows that even when uninstalling that software, the windows will not be as fast as clean installed.

Of course, i am already building myself a OEM clean media...

:zipper_mouth:

25 REPLIES 25
JWH
Visitor

Just got my FS415E yesterday, and i just don't understand why sony could not simply have bundled the extra software on a cd, and let the user decide what they want to install and use. My new laptop currently needs a lot of cleaning out before i can really start using it.

hello--
Visitor

The problem is that there are better free software-solutions than those who are preinstalled. Who wants yahoo if trillian basic is free. Who needs AOL and some test-versions of programs? Not me! But I accept it, when the notebooks become cheaper by loading up the harddrive with rubbish software.

carthorian
Visitor

I really don't mind for the software installed. It is very easy for those who are new at computers. If you don't like a certain program, just uninstall it (when you buy a computer you are always configuring it for a certain time, no different with a vaio).

I too love the Adobe programs, I couldn't affort it if I wanted to buy it in the shop!

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Well said Carthorian.

Guys -its F R E E:smileygrin:

Use it or lose it - its your choice.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Well said guy's :slight_smile:

If you didn't receive any software with your Vaio, i'm sure some of you would have something to say..:smileyhappy:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Actually Jumpy, it's not 100% free! You do pay something for it

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

LOL technically you're right as usual Mr Lo!

(Although it doesn't show up on you're receipt ):smileygrin:

kee-lo_

LOL they'd not do that!

Kris1990
Visitor

wonder if you baught a vaio from sony and said do give me any preinstalled software would let let you off with maby £100:smileytongue:

kee-lo_

Nope, they're not DeLL you know?