Join now - be part of our community!

Problem after installing Windows SP2...

Damien
Visitor

Problem after installing Windows SP2...

I have recently installed Windows SP2, and thankfully have not experienced too many problems...or so i thought.

First Nero6 didn't work and so a quick update download solved that little problem.

I then tried to connect to my Wireless network and it will not connect.

I have a Belkin F5D7630 wireless access point with modem and router built in. I have no WEP or WPA enabled, and so the connection is unprotected.

I did notice, having installed SP2, that the wireless network icon had changed, and the way you connect has also now changed...
It recognises the signal being sent by the router, just wont connect to it. I have no problem connecting through the ethernet cable, it just work hook up wirelessly...didnt have any problems before the install of SP2.

Any ideas as to how i can get it to connect?? I havn't changed any of the router settings, just installed SP2 as i said...

Damien.

1 REPLY 1
Damien
Visitor

I really should remember to try and fix things MYSELF before going straight here shouldn't I!! Suppose at least i'm getting better...!

I'm currently posting this whilst sitting in the lounge connected wirelessly...so i fixed it!!

I visited Vaio-Link, and dowloaded a WLAN update/driver...followed the guide and now things are working perfectly...