Join now - be part of our community!

Problem after Win8 update

profile.country.en_GB.title
-SeanS
Visitor

Problem after Win8 update

Hi

I just restarted my PC (Sony Vaio VPCL13S1E - Win 8 Pro installed) and upon starting up noticed it said configuring updates. After this the screen went black (done this numerous times on Win8) I then restart a couple of times and get to start up screen, only to find my wireless keyboard and mouse now don't work despite numerous attempts to reconnect. The keyboard however does work in BIOS. I have tried using a USB mouse which doesn't work either and the touch screen has stopped working. This is really pi**ing me off as I have only recently had to reinstall the OS due to my bluray drive all of a sudden not being recognised (would not come back no matter what - wasn't even in device manager). I know windows 8 is like marmite to a lot of people but i actually dont mind the UI its just so damn buggy!! Any ideas what I can do despite reinstalling the OS again as I don't want to lose any files which I haven't backed up?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi -SeanS.

Sadly, Sony do not support the use of Windows 8 on your model and it is unlikely they ever will.

As you found when you reinstalled Windows 7, this model does not work properly without the required Sony drivers and Intel Chipset Drivers.

The oldest VPCL-Series Vaio with Windows 8 support is the VPCL21S1E and you may find some of the drivers may help - you can download them here: -

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VPCL21S1E_B/updates

However, I would not hold out too much hope as you have a different chipset but the Touchscreen NextWindow Driver may be worth a try. You could always try Intel for the PM43 Express Chipset Drivers for Win 8.

I suspect you will find that the only way to get full functionality is by reinstalling Windows 7 and all the drivers provided.

:thinking: