Join now - be part of our community!

problem beep during the use of windows xp

doom3
Visitor

problem beep during the use of windows xp

hi, from a few months, during the use of windows xp, feels a strange beep, from thing it could depend? I am sure that it is the announcer of the pc to produce it.

tell me thanks

installed software :
Dreamveawer 8 , firework 8, flash 8, office 2003, photoshop cs 2, coreldraw x3 suite, outpost 4, kaspersky 6

notebook: Sony vaio PCG-GRT816M/IT1

22 REPLIES 22
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Yesterday the notebook has given me up to 80 degrees of CPU and 48 degrees of hard disk, however it has always had temperatures so the portable one

As far as I am aware your model has an Intel Pentium 4 processor 2.80 Ghz – please correct me if I am wrong on this.

This is a desktop processor which is designed to run at far lower temperature than a mobile CPU.

The maximum temperature for this processor is approx. 75 deg C – I am surprised that you have not been experiencing system slow down or even shutdown!!

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
doom3
Visitor

1x short beep before boot means everything is OK, in Award BIOS. And Phoenix BIOS version 6, Award and Phonix using same 

I know it, in fact I have always felt that the beps are felt only to the lighting of the pc...
(My desktop PC beeps if I have connect a USB device. One beep per unknown defice before system boots. Hwo knows why.)

Also to me from the card audio...
One beep in Windows is not much. I have no idea what does it mean. :thinking: 

to whom tell him 😞
You could go into BIOS settings and set them to default. But I'm not sure whether this helps. 

I think of no it will be there already in default I have never gone
Here are two little error-message list. One in German, one in English.
http://www.bios-info.de/qb3k5ylk/phoesign.htm
http://www.hi-tech.net/zones/help-beep.html

Are they not all beps that feel him to the start of the system?

doom3
Visitor

As far as I am aware your model has an Intel Pentium 4 processor 2.80 Ghz – please correct me if I am wrong on this. 

Yes it is a pentium 4 2.8 ghzes northwood
This is a desktop processor which is designed to run at far lower temperature than a mobile CPU. 

I also think him
The maximum temperature for this processor is approx. 75 deg C – I am surprised that you have not been experiencing system slow down or even shutdown!!

75 degrees it is a temperature with system full? I have noticed it after having performed a screensaver 3d

However after of time that I use the notebook one and I touch it, it is hot , very warm ...but it has always been this way !!
What do must I do? It is not at all a desktop where I can add fans...

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Are they not all beps that feel him to the start of the system?

Normally it beeps before system boots up, like Rich it said.
But think about my brothers PC.

Does it beep if your start your VAIO? How does it sound?

doom3
Visitor

Does it beep if your start your VAIO? How does it sound?

to the start of the vaio I don't receive any beps...
How does it sound?

I turn on the pc, it sets out windows xp, enter the desktop, any problem... to this point I open some program or I play, any problem even there!?

Subsequently I am able not to have any problem, or really when it works a lot the hard disk to receive a "biiiiiiip" annoying, I don't apparently see any problem, the pc is not restarted and continuous to correctly work as if nothing had not happened... once it has done it only to the start of a program, it has made beep and the program has given an error not starting itself... retrying has correctly departed then

But what can problem it be? 😞

EDIT: did the pc of your brother have the same problem?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

doom3,

Your notebook is running far too hot. You need to, initially, clean/clear the cooling vents with compressed air (air duster) – your local PC shop will be able to supply this and advise you how to use it.

If that has no effect (and I am afraid to say that with your model it usually doesn’t), then the notebook will need to be opened to carry out a thorough clean of the cooling system/fan. If you are unfamiliar with disassembly of notebooks then this is best entrusted to a professional.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
doom3
Visitor

Beh I didn't want to be to spend other money there... :grin: 😞

However the notebook one it is also filled with dust as a desktop ??

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Beh I didn't want to be to spend other money there... :grin: 😞

If you continue to use your notebook with the temperature that you are reporting then you will soon have a computer that fails and will be uneconomic to repair - your call...
However the notebook one it is also filled with dust as a desktop ??

I’m uncertain as to what you are saying here, but yes the cooling system is clogged with dust and fibres.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
doom3
Visitor

I’m uncertain as to what you are saying here, but yes the cooling system is clogged with dust and fibres.

Do I understand, therefore can the beep also be caused from the excessive temperature ?!

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Do I understand, therefore can the beep also be caused from the excessive temperature ?!

Desktops produce a high pitched noise when the CPU is reaching critical temperature. I am uncertain as to whether the ‘beep’ you are hearing is necessarily connected, but my suspicion is that it is.

Even if it has no connection whatsoever the CPU temperature that you report needs immediate attention!!

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat