Join now - be part of our community!

Problem Operating system not found

profile.country.GB.title
yonbarriuso
New

Problem Operating system not found

Hello Everybody! 

I Have a problem with my Vaio VPC Z2

I started using recuva and screen went blue.

Reseted, used recuva and screen went blue again...

When I started computer 1 disk was in red. Control +I enter to utility...

I entered and I reseted disk to non raid to solve the problem (i think I caused even more problems)

When I start my computer message is "Operating system not found" 

Both disks now are in status non-raid disk.

I try to press asist but it does not work. It seems I deleted everything... 

I try to put windows 7 in an usb but my license is for installed devices so I can not use it. 

I can enter in bios and in control utility

Is there any solution here to recover?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Owen_G

Hi there,

Welcome to the Community. It may be best for you to contact Customer Support on this issue, as they'll be best placed to advise you. You can reach them here.

Hope this helps.

Owen

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Can you give us the full Vaio model? It will help identify the exact drive configuration.

Unfortunately, you cannot remove a RAID configuration and expect to read anything at all on the Hard Drive. Half the data is held on one drive and the other half on the other. You need both drives to read any data at all using the Raid Controller. You can read the BIOS as this is held on a chip - not on the hard drives.

You could try putting both discs back into Raid 0 and hope they can be read again but I am not confident. If the discs cannot be read then they will need to be formatted and you will need to purchase a set of Recovery Discs to reload the operating system and software. Alternatively, you can purchase a retail version of Windows and install it along with drivers and utilities from the Support website.

You can ask Support if they have any Recovery Discs for your model.

There is a very important lesson to be learned here!!!!!!!

profile.country.GB.title
TH3ORY
Explorer

HI i have exact same model as your one, Well it is the VPCZ2 im surprised you couldn't get windows to install from USB stick ? As that's how i did windows 7 pro on mine, only a month or so ago. i downgraded from windows 10 pro. Also i used the COA windows 7 pro key sticker underneath the vaio z ? You should try to install from usb stick again as mine was so easy to install....