Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with dual monitors on FX-103 laptop

Greeny
Visitor

Problem with dual monitors on FX-103 laptop

I am trying to set my laptop up with an Iiyama monitor. I have installed the correct driver for it and the monitor and driver are recognised in Control Panel / Display / Settings / Advanced / Monitor (in monitor type).

However, there isn't a dual monitor graphical representation in the settings area and I can't set the proper refresh rate for the separate monitor, hence I get flicker.

Does anyone know how this is solved?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Twisted-Rizla
Visitor

What happens if you open PROPERTIES on the desktop then click SETTINGS. If you have a 1 and a 2 listed then you should be able to run an additional monitor by clicking the number 2 then clicking the "EXTEND MY WINDOWS DESKTOP TO THIS MONITOR.".

If there isn't a number 2 in the settings then i would guess that your system doesn't support a dual monitor

Greeny
Visitor

Twisted-Rizla - thanks for your prompt reply.

When I click settings, I don't have a 1 and a 2 listed.

This is what I don't understand as before I did a clean XP reinstall, the computer worked with a second monitor with no problem.

I don't actually want a dual display, but use of a larger monitor when I'm at home and with no flicker (without the laptop screen on)

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

It sounds as though the clean install of XP has used native drivers for your video card.
Have a look on Vaio-Link, under drivers and updates, and install the Video Chip drivers for your model from there.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Greeny
Visitor

Rich912 - did that and downloaded the video driver. Although I still don't get two monitors showing graphically in setup, I can now set the correct resolution and refresh rate for the monitor with a separate utility.

Thanks for your help.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

You are most welcome Greeny:smileyhappy:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat