Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with Integrated mousepad (pointing device)

CharlieWild
Visitor

Problem with Integrated mousepad (pointing device)

Hi.

After a full system re-install on my FS115M the mousepad just stopped working. I can attach my USB mouse, but in some situations the mousepad is better.

I've checked the device manager, and the drivers folder. Apparently everything is fine. I can even disable and enable it on the Vaio Configuration App, but no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Charlie Wild, welcome to Cub Vaio.

Try deleting the PS/2 device listed in Device manager ¿ this should be the touchpad ¿ reboot and let windows find and re-install the drivers. If you are asked for a driver location, point it towards C:\drivers\pointing. Worth checking that this location exists first, if not download the drivers file from Vaio-Link or check on your recovery CD.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
CharlieWild
Visitor

Thanks for your reply, Rich.

I don't have a PS/2 mouse listed, just a HID compatible mouse. I've tried deleting that, and the USB interface, but after rebooting I get my external mouse back, but no mousepad.

Under C:\Drivers\Pointing I've got several .exe (no setup) and .dll files and a single .inf, but if I try to update the mouse driver or add new hardware with that inf, Windows says that there's no hardware info there.

I'm really annoyed beacause the System Restore Utility is supposed to bring everything back to life...

Thanks again.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I think you'll have to uninstall all the mouse stuff then unplug your mouse for your touchpad to work again

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

I find it very strange that there is no PS/2 port listed in Device Manager as this should be OS dependant, not Vaio related. If you have a PS/2 port this should be recognised, albeit assigned to an incorrect device.
Deleting the USB mouse will have no effect as this runs on a totally different architecture.
I can certainly understand your frustration at the system not being restored to `as installed¿ ¿ this should not happen.
I can only suggest that you try re-installing the Vaio utilities (c:\utils folder). You will find several folders, each containing setup files. Run these in order, 1 to 9, re-boot and see if Device Manager then recognises the PS/2 port. If it does, then update the PS/2 driver from C:\Drivers\pointing.
Best of luck.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
CharlieWild
Visitor

I've tried everything twice a nothing happens. I've even formatted the whole disk again and restored the system with the recovery partition. No luck at all.

Thanks for the replies.