Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with integrated webcam!!

schamong2007
Visitor

Problem with integrated webcam!!

Hello there!!

since today i have a serious problem with my integrated motion eye camera vgp-vcc4 of my vaio vgn-fe41e notebook...suddenly there came a blue screen and the program vaio camera capture utility said no input...then i looked in hardware manager but i could't find the entry for the webcam it was practically gone
i have all the drivers i need to run the camera but still it doesn't work
i really don't know what else i can do
thanks in advance
schamong2007

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi schamong2007.

If you can't find the camera in Device Manager under 'Imaging Devices' then it is not installed correctly. Have a Look in every category in Device Manager for an uninstalled USB Camera. If you find one you will have to reinstall the camera driver to get it back into 'Imaging Devices'.

However, if you cannot find the camera in Device Manager at all, then you have a hardware problem. The camera is either faulty and will need repair or (more likely) the wires to the camera have come loose and pulled off and just need to be replaced.

You may need to find someone to look inside the screen surround for loose cables. There was a recent thread where loose wires caused these problems - but I can't find it now. I'm sure Thalamus will find it!

:thinking:

drali
Visitor

A friend of mine had the same problem, this is what we did to solve the problem

1. Turn off laptop fully and re-start
2. Look in device manager (if its there and has a yellow explanation mark, update it)
3. It wasn't, so we turned it off, opened the screen and soldered the wire back again, it was out of warranty so had no issues about doing it. If yours is within 1yr of buying take-it back to the place where you brought it and get them to sort it out.

Hope this helpfully adds to above great advice

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

There was a recent thread where loose wires caused these problems - but I can't find it now. I'm sure Thalamus will find it!

Is THIS the thread you are thinking of Blencogo.?

schamong2007
Visitor

Hi everybody!!

Thanks for answering so fast...the problem was solved yesterday. i did everything you said but i couldn't find it in the decive manager, at that point i also thought that it was a hardware problem. However, when i reactivated my computer from energy saving mode the hardware manager suddenly showed up and said that new hardware had been found and could now be used...i have to say that vista is so damn strange at times...first there was no sign of the camera and then suddenly it was there again...well thats vista :smileygrin: you never know what comes next...thank you again
schamong2007

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Is THIS the thread you are thinking of Blencogo.?

Yes - thanks Thalamus.

I hope your problem is fixed shamong2007. You will soon find out if it is a poor wiring connection.

:thinking:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Yes - thanks Thalamus.

HTH.. :slight_smile: