Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with my webcam

cianpos
Visitor

Problem with my webcam

How do,

I own a VGN AR 11S running XP and recently my laptop decided that it didn't have a webcam anymore. Its not in the device manager or anywhere else that I can see, is there a way of fixing this without having to do a complete system restore as I'm sure you know how much of a pain in the arse that is  :wink:
Thanks in advance for any advice/help
Cian

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Cian and welcome to Club Vaio.

Have a good look in other areas of Device Manager, particularly under USB Devices. Is there a device not installed correctly? (shown with a yellow warning triangle next to it).

If you can't find it in Device Manager at all then it is likely that you have a hardware fault - perhaps a disconnected cable - and it will need a trip to the repairers.

If it is there as a USB Camera with a warning - then you will need to reinstall the driver.

In Device Manager, right-click on the Unknown Camera Device and choose 'Update Driver'. Choose 'No, not this time' -> 'Install from List or Specific Location' -> 'Don't Search, I will choose a driver to install' -> 'Have Disc' and browse to C:\Drivers\Camera\VGP-VCC2

If successfully installed it will show as "Sony Visual Communication Camera" in Device Manager.

:thinking:

cianpos
Visitor

Thanks for getting back so quickly blencogo.

Just after going through the device manager with a fine tooth comb and can't find anything that sounds remotly like a camera. I'd say your right about a trip to get it repaired. Was hoping not to have to do that but beggers can't be choosers.

Thanks again