Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with "ccApp.exe"

Simonyeah
Visitor

Problem with "ccApp.exe"

Hi,
Everytime i switch off my K115, a message tells me that the application "ccApp.exe" cannot turn off. So i have a windows box which turns it down.
What is it? How can i fix it?
Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Had the same problem, its related to Norton Antivirus.
As it was only a 90day trial I uninstalled and used EZ Armour.

clubuser
Visitor

"Associated with Norton AntiVirus 2003, which runs auto-protect and email checking facilities. Without this service, both facilities cannot function correctly."

ChrisOfTheOT
Visitor

Yes, as everyone has said, this is a Norton AntiVirus thing - they have some blurb about it on their website.

I had this really annoying problem too. Because it took ages for ccApp to shutdown, my dial-up gateway would always dial out when ever I shut down my computer. :cry: But I found a solution... well it works for me. It only occurs when C: drive is low on space so I regularly clean the drive and 'Remove all but the most recent Restore Point'. (This can save over a gigabyte.)

(For what it's worth, my NAV is installed on 😧 drive.)

It might be worth a try. :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Chris

kee-lo_

Hi Chris, good to see you again :slight_smile:
Nice tip, I'll have to test it out.

ChrisOfTheOT
Visitor

Hi Kee-Lo - it's nice to see you too (and ain't it changed around here :anguished: ).

The space saving thing works for me and I don't get that ccApp thing anymore. Just don't ask me why 'cos I don't got a clue. :wink:

See ya Kee-Lo,

Chris

kee-lo_

Yeah the changes around here have been phenominal.

pdimenza
Visitor

Hi!
I have the NAV installed by default eith the bundled software but the problem is other: sometimes (not always) using Outlook 2003 when doing a send/receive messages, the CCAPP.EXE goes too 100% CPU usage and all applications stop responding. When I kill the process, no more send/receive's work from Outlook, until I restart the PC. And this began to happen since the last Norton Update....funny :slight_frown: ....and, I have 15,5 gb free in my drive C!!

kee-lo_

Thats a bit odd.
All I can suggest is searching through Symantec's KB or just doing like everyone else and moving to a better AV, like AVG or Kasperspy.