Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with the DVD drive

vishnu
Visitor

Problem with the DVD drive

HI,
Iam getting the problem with CD/DVD-ROM drive its not been recognising any dvd when i insert inside, its been showing nothing (like no disk inside). The problem is only with DVD's, when i insert cd's its been working perfectly no problem with CD's, VCD's.

Plz let me know the problem for this solution, really i do appreciate for them.

Thanking You,

7 REPLIES 7
Kanan
Visitor

I got the same problem!!!! PLZZZ SOMEONE HELP!!!

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Vishnu, Hi Kanan and welcome to Club Vaio.

What model of Vaio do you have?

What program are you using to play your DVDs?

:thinking:

AlexReid
Visitor

:slight_frown: I also have the same problem and I am told that nothing can be done. Model is VAIO A417M. The DVD drive sropped working after 2 months of purchase and I live in the Falkland Islands. the dealer will not replace the part. I have had to use an external DVDW drive ever scince and I have only had the PC for 6 months!!! Its a great shame because the Lappy is great apart from that. Cheers

Alex

AlexReid
Visitor

....sorry... I must add though that my problem is with all media and not just DVDs. Ocasionally I can read a disk but usually there is just a lot of "reading noise" but nothing happens. Also, I have done a complete recovery and it has made no diference.
Cheers
Alex :slight_smile:

jonggolde
Visitor

I have the same problem as Alex has. If my DVD-RW does not work at all anymore, I deinstall the drive and I restart windows so that he is recognized again and then he works for one or two times. So I think this. Or we all have very bad hardware or could be something wrong with the firmware they offer?

PCG-FR415S with Pioneer DVR K12D.

jonggolde
Visitor

I have the same problem as Alex has. If my DVD-RW does not work at all anymore, I deinstall the drive and I restart windows so that he is recognized again and then he works for one or two times. So I think this. Or we all have very bad hardware or could be something wrong with the firmware they offer?

PCG-FR415S with Pioneer DVR K12D.

vishnu
Visitor

HI,
Thanx for the reply. I have been using the VGN-A115B model of Multiformat DVD RW & Auto Luminance Sensor.
Its giving with the problem only DVD's, all cd's and vcd's running perfectly. The drive is been showing empty with any action of autoplay.

Please let me know if any one knows the solution, really i do appreciate them.

Thanking You.