Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with VA10 Care and pre-installed MS Office

Problem with VA10 Care and pre-installed MS Office

I have a problem that I wondered if anyone knew the solution to?

I bought a Sony SVT1311M1ES a few months ago from John Lewis which came prebundled with MS Office 2010 Starter but suddenly it stopped working. It keeps saying the product is unlicensed so has to close but I have been using it since last summer. So I tried opening Sony VA10 Care for help, but that kept saying it would not open unless I installed the latest version, but when I click yes, it just says it is extractng files, but then nothing happens. Or it closes and restarts my pc but it does not actually install the newer version.

I am a writer and have various deadlines for things so this madness is driving me nuts. I have up to date MacAfee software and a recent scan suggests no problems on that front. I also tried restoring the pc to various points, but again, it keeps closing all Office programs everytime I try to open them, saying it is an unlicensed product.

Can anyone shed any light on the matter? Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

Hi Joe-The-Lion, Had a search and there are several suggestions that you should first try to repair office.

Repair Office Click-to-Run products

IMPORTANT    Repairing Office Click-to-Run products require an Internet connection to be available during the entire repair process.

The files you created by using Microsoft Office are not deleted. However, you can choose to save the Microsoft Office settings or customizations that you created in the Office programs.

Windows 7

1. In Control Panel, click Programs, and then click Programs and Features.

NOTE    In Classic view, double-click Programs and Features.

1. Click Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010, or Microsoft Office Starter 2010, and then click Change.
  2. For the Remove Office user settings check box, do one of the following:
  • If you want to save Microsoft Office settings, such as Ribbon customizations, do not select the check box.
  • If you don't want to save the Office settings, such as Ribbon customizations, or if you are having a problem with settings that you want to fix, select the check box.

If that does not work I have seen suggestions to try these instructions from MS online "Cannot be opened" error when you start an Office Starter 2010 program