Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with wakeup, too !!

panosxxx
Visitor

Problem with wakeup, too !!

I also have the problem when closing the lid with my FE31M !!!!! After clean installing Vista Ultimate, only Shut Down works in the "Closing the Lid" options !!!!If I put Sleep or Do Nothing, the computer goes to sleep, but when I open the Lid, I can hear the system working, but the monitor doesn't wake up and stays black, no matter what I do. I have to do a forced shutdown from the Power button !!! I have installed all the drivers and utilities for everything and only the memory card reader and the screen wakeup after Sleep don't work !!! I have to shut down, even if I have to go away for 10 minutes !!! It drives me crazy ! Any help please ???

4 REPLIES 4
Joyoyo
Visitor

I also have the problem when closing the lid with my FE31M !!!!! After clean installing Vista Ultimate, only Shut Down works in the "Closing the Lid" options !!!!If I put Sleep or Do Nothing, the computer goes to sleep, but when I open the Lid, I can hear the system working, but the monitor doesn't wake up and stays black, no matter what I do. I have to do a forced shutdown from the Power button !!! I have installed all the drivers and utilities for everything and only the memory card reader and the screen wakeup after Sleep don't work !!! I have to shut down, even if I have to go away for 10 minutes !!! It drives me crazy ! Any help please ???

Same problem here with a VGN-FS315S, it worked perfectly till today... any hint?

nfrigione
Visitor

Same problem with my VGN-FE11H...
How to fix it???
Please halp me... tks...

sweetCoffee
Visitor

When installing Windows Vista the delivered driver of NVIDIA works correctly when closing the lid. Windows Update however, will find a newer driver for the video card (the one you can download on the vista upgrade page of sony), and after installing this one, it crashes when you close the lid. (version 7.14 works, version 7.15 crashes).

Solution?

You can choose between

1) having driver 7.14 installed but no brightness controls that work (in my case)
2) installing driver 7.15, brightness controls will work but closing the lid crashes

I have asked nvidia to deliver a new one, hopefully they'll give an answer soon.

Gerrie

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Gerrie,

The drivers that you download from the Sony Vista site are Sony configured Nvidia drivers.. :wink:

I'll try and escalate your findings for you.. :slight_smile: