Join now - be part of our community!

Problems with external monitor, over sensitive touchpad and camera

iainmcculloch
Visitor

Problems with external monitor, over sensitive touchpad and camera

Hi All, My first post, and I apologise for bombarding the questions, but I must admit to being very frustrated with my laptop. I bought the VAIO VGN TZ21MN a couple of months ago, and due to some work software I need to put on, I had to downgrade to XP. I'm not sure if this is the cause of my problems, but here they are anyway. Many thanks in advance for any help that anyone kind enough to read this can provide.

1) When I connect to my docking station, and boot the laptop, I always have to manually press F7 to start up my external monitor, meaning that the lid has to be open. This is quite a pain.

2) Overall, it seems quite slow, often taking 10 seconds or more to save documents.

3) Typing using the keyboard is tough going. The cursor often flashes all over the place, causing mis-typing. Other users have also noticed this, so it's not just clumsy fingers!

4) I can't find the camera utility anywhere. Is there one with XP. I had to reload the camera driver, which now seems OK, but I've no idea how to get at the software that allows me to use the motion eye camera.

Thanks again,

Iain

0 REPLIES 0