Join now - be part of our community!

Problems with PCMCIA TV card

profile.country.de_GB.title
@2429008000008095
Visitor

Problems with PCMCIA TV card

Hi all,

I'm very happy with my new SZ3 - with one exception: I have a PC-Card TV tuner (Terratec Cinergy HT PCMCIA), which does not work correctly in the Vaio. The card tunes in to the TV stations correctly, but shows square-like interference when used as DVB-T receiver and heavy interference when operated as analog TV receiver in my Vaio laptop - however, with the same TV signal sources it works perfectly in a different laptop. The signal strength and quality indicators in the TV card's software show excellent signal quality. When using the card as a video recorder, the recorded MPEG files include the interference - even when played back on a different PC. Therefore, I assume it is not a problem of the MPEG SW decoder but rather a compatibility problem of PC-Card and PC-Card controller.

When trying to further figure out whether the problem is with the card or the laptop, I tried a couple of other PC-Cards in the Vaio: A USB interface card, a SCSI interface card, an Ethernet card and a CF adapter - the USB interface card is recognized correctly, but no USB device works when connected. The other cards are working fine.

To solve the issue I tried a complete system recovery - to no avail. Also, disabling all non-essential drivers and programs using msconfig.exe did not help.

Does anyone have a recommendation how to get the TV card working?

Many Thanks in advance!

0 REPLIES 0